Monday, December 15, 2014

The Importance of Perfume



Perfume is important. I've only recently learnt this fact as for the majority of my life I've been extremely allergic to perfumes. People would buy me perfume for Christmas and I'd smile, say thanks then never wear it. I later threw them in the trash because I knew I'd never be able to wear them (sorry Flower by Kenzo and Ralph by Ralph Lauren).

But lately, for whatever reason, my allergies have calmed down* and now I've found that I can wear perfume again! And I finally understand why it's a big deal.

Frankly speaking, perfume can change one's entire life. Find out how it did it for me beneath the cut!

Let's begin! 

1. When you are tired, it can give you a burst of energy
Now that I'm doing freelance work self-motivation is very important. Usually I'm quite self-disciplined (this blog aside, lol!), but sometimes even I need a pick me up. Late at night, around 10 p.m. I slip into a lull and I find it hard to focus on work. One night, I decided to spray the only eau de parfum I had left into the room. And suddenly, I had energy! See, the fragrance I sprayed was Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers which is a summery, youthful, energizing scent, best suited for teenagers. In fact I've had it since I was a teen but rarely wore it because of my allergies. Its citrus-y effect made me feel revitalized and suddenly, I had the energy to carry on.

2. People who wouldn't ordinarily notice you, suddenly do!
Now that I can wear perfume again I've been spending extensive periods of time in the perfume section of department stores and while there have been liberally spraying myself with all sorts of expensive perfumes. After I leave, people near me always seem to draw closer and linger longer. One day, on the bus this young teenage girl was gradually drifting closer and closer, while staring at me spellbound. I knew it wasn't my beauty or aura. It was the fragrance layers of Coco Noir by Chanel, BVLGARI Coral, Mon Jasmin Noir and Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.
In fact, you can get different people to notice you and hang around longer depending on what scent you wear. If you want to attract a hot guy on a date, I'd suggest a sexy perfume like Jasmin Noir by BVLGARI or Dior's Poison. In an interview and wanna get hired, Honey by Marc Jacobs is a really fresh, approachable, friendly scent.

3. You feel more sexy and confident
When you wear a sexy scent, you feel sexier. When you wear a scent that gives you that extra burst of confidence, you stand taller and are more assertive in all your dealings with others. At least, that's how I felt when I wore Coco Noir!

4. A good scent can last until the morning
I didn't believe the hype around expensive perfumes until I tried them for myself and realized that they do last longer, WAY longer. I applied Coco Noir in the afternoon and even after I showered and went to bed that night, I could still smell it on me. When I woke there was still the faintest lingering of it on the inside of my wrist. I was very impressed!

That's all for now. Toodles! (see how perfume has changed me? I would never have said 'Toodles' before)

* Regarding my allergies - I think it's due to combination of a number of things including eating less processed and fast food and less stress because now I do freelance work from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value each and every comment. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback on what you think.