Friday, December 26, 2014

Review: Miss Dior eau de parfum and Starting a Perfume Collection

For Christmas I've started collecting perfumes. I've pretty much tested all the great ones available on my island. The first one I got is this little lady.


Isn't she beautiful? Her name is Miss Dior by Christian Dior and you'll understand why I call this 'her' instead of it once you get a whiff of it. If she were a woman, Miss Dior would be a modern 21st century chic woman. A millennial in her mid twenties with a definite plan of where she wants to be in her life and she's on her way. But she still believes in love and has time for whimsical fantasies. She just doesn't let them get in the way of her life and career. It's a romantic but determined scent. The romance is there in the slight floral effect but the patchoulie grounds it so we know she means serious business! There's also a slightly masculine undertone that only reveals itself hours after you've worn it. I think that's the patchoulie too although I want to say musk. It's the kind of scent that just keeps changing and opening and blooming so that you smell different scents hours throughout the day. It's fascinating!

It's also the first perfume I'm starting my new collection with. Quality perfumes are quite expensive here but I'll add at least 2 more fragrances in 2015 and slowly and painstakingly build my collection. I want to have different scents for different occasions. I want an understated scent for every day (j'adore by Christian Dior), a sunny lighthearted scent for weekends (Honey by Marc Jacobs) and a super-sexy scent for evenings (Mon Jasmin Noir by BVLGARI).

I also want to perfect layering perfumes so that I can wear at least 3 different perfumes at a time. I've never met superstar Rihanna but I'm told that everyone who meets her says she smells amazing. In an interview she revealed that she layers 5 perfumes at a time. I found that quite impressive. I want to master the trick of wearing different scents without it being overbearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value each and every comment. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback on what you think.