Friday, July 12, 2013

I Want! I Want! I Want! (But that's Crazy)

So, I am not rich. And now I'm trying to finish up my education, I haven't been working for most of this year, in order to finish my studies as quickly and cleanly as humanly possible. So actually, I am not just not-rich, I'm pretty close to poverty as I haven't been working since March. Anyway, the problem with this is that I have very expensive taste, especially when it comes to skin products and cosmetics. My wishlist is very extensive and includes correcting serums, night creams and a mud mask, but my immediate concern is mascara.

My L'Oreal Lash Architect is on its last legs. Because I am not the sort to dutifully change mascara every three months, I just wait till all the product is definitely gone. I have been using this mascara for so long that the Lash Architect has since been discontinued (and replaced by Lash Architect 4D.) Anyway, a new mascara is long overdue for me. And I have had my eye on Chanel Inimitable for YEARS!!Here's proof:

My old twitter
So yeah, that tweet is from 2010. I wasn't joking when I said I've wanted it for years. I could have saved for it and bought it ten times over in the past 3 years but I haven't for the following reasons:
1. I can't find Chanel cosmetic products for sale anywhere on my island.
2. Online shopping is a no-no for me as I'm a former shopaholic and I still don't trust myself with a credit card.
3. Mascaras that cost US $30 or more give me anxiety. In my currency, that's double, $60! I have real trouble justifying that price for mascara.


Anyway, because of my expensive mascara lust, coupled by my lack of dinero, I will probably sadly compromise by buying a drugstore mascara, but a nice drugstore mascara! L'Oreal makes really good, reasonably priced mascaras, and I see one with my name on it! Their original Lash Architect was really good to me, so now its my favourite drugstore brand.
Now I've got my eye on their L'Oreal Voluminous line, but they have so many products with such confusing and eerily similar names that its hard to choose! I think I've narrowed it down to Voluminous False Fiber Lashes and Voluminous Million Lashes Volume Excess (what a mouthful!).

I also think Maybelline might do the job, but I am scarred by their Lash Stiletto Voluptuous that I bought years ago by them which I hated. To date the worst mascara I've ever used was by Revlon, but I don't even remember what the exact name of it was. I probably blotted it out of my memory because it was so bad. Anyway, Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Voluptuous wasn't much better.

I realize I am talking about mascaras as though you guys even know what the needs of my lashes are, shame on me! Everyone's lashes are different. I haven't even said if my lashes need a mascara for volume, or one for length! Well, my lashes are naturally curly and quite long, but they are extremely thin and rather sparse, so I definitely need a thickening, volumizing mascara. However, many volumizing mascaras seem to clump a lot, and there is nothing more I hate than clumpy lashes; they look so fake!  I think the problem with volumizing mascaras is that they tend to have very thick wand bristles, in order to deposit as much product as possible on to the lashes for super thickness. What I liked about the Lash Architect was that even though it's mainly for length, it also made my lashes look much thicker, and even better that hat, it really separated and organized them really cleanly and beautifully.

Honestly, though I need volume, I'd give up volume for length if length meant better separation and no clumps. For that reason I might go ahead and get the Lash Architect 4D, even though its for length and not volume, in hopes that it is as good at separation as the original Lash Architect was (my old HG, I am devastated it was discontinued).

Anyway, enough about me! What is your HG (Holy Grail) mascara and why do you like it so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value each and every comment. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback on what you think.