Monday, September 29, 2014

A Few of My Favourite Rihanna Looks

If you've been following this blog for awhile you know I'm a huge Rihanna fan. I don't just love her music, I love her fashion sense and overall representation and branding too. And its because you can never anticipate what Rihanna will do next. Just like you can't predict her tweets, or when her next album is going to drop, you also have no idea what look she's going to try next because she always keeps it fresh!

Unlike another popstar who only wears white, red or gold, Rihanna is truly fearless and willing to try anything at least once. So here are a few of my many favourite Rihanna outfits!

From left: Rihanna attends the Edun fashion show in September 2014 in a white suit without a blouse underneath in order to display the tattoo she got in memory of her late grandmother Gran-Gran Dolly. She pairs it with a sexy body chain and left her makeup and hair simple and understated in order not to take attention away from the beautiful suit and tattoo!

Middle: Rihanna alights from a vehicle sometime in 2013 wearing a Kenzo t-shirt and matching orange high waist trousers. This particular outfit is notable to me because Rihanna manages to pull off something I would never risk: an all-orange outfit. There are some fashion risks I'm unwilling to take but then I see Rihanna breaking fashion rules and taking crazy risks like this and it makes me wonder if I can too!

Top right: The now infamous transparent dress has definitely reserved a place in fashion history. Apart from its transparency, this custom-made Adam Selman dress is notable because each of those shimmering flashes on that dress are actually real Swarovski crystals!

Bottom right: I've spoken about this outfit at length here! Once again, I'm so impressed that she was brave enough to wear a tux as it's normally associated with men. The small touches to feminize it, such as the exaggerated poofed-up shoulders and tapered trouser hem were also appreciated. And you can't go wrong with Dolce & Gabbana, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value each and every comment. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback on what you think.