Sunday, January 16, 2011

Passion Fruit from Trinidad and Tobago

It gives me great pleasure and happiness to introduce to you -- if you have not discovered her blog as yet -- artist Brianna McCarthy who hails from the lovely region of the West Indies, and more specifically from Trinidad and Tobago.
She is an amazing artist who appears to focus on portraits of women, and what is so remarkable about her work is that instantly you know these are West Indian women, even without being told. I think it is fascinating that she achieves this as she does not produce West Indian women in the typical way. She presents them more ethereal, thoughtful and pensive than I have ever seen them before. But I'll just shut up now and show you some of her artwork, for I think it speaks for itself.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these images. They are all the property of Brianna McCarthy.














So that's the blog I've been really feeling lately. Its nice to see us West Indian women depicted so sensitively and delicately. If you are also impressed with this young talent make sure to check out her blog here.

5 comments:

  1. these are beautiful! thanks for introducing me to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these are beautiful! i've never heard of her, so i'm so glad you posted on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and beautiful!! I love everything about the artwork and just adore the colorful clothes and hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the different hairstyles in these looks. There's so much detail in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the inspiration!
    i'll be coming back to your blog for sure!
    come visit COSMICaroline and see behind the scenes at the Nashville Anthropologie event!

    -COSMICaroline
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback on what you think.